Friday, March 28, 2014

My Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)      
From Goodreads:
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.

If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

                My Thoughts:


    Reading this book I've experienced all my senses gone whacko!  Yes! Uncontrollable! Like you wish you can tell your heart to calm down ...but it keeps on hammering against your ribcage?! You wanted to at least scream yet all you can do is gasp? You can't breathe. Your hands sweaty. And all you want to do is to cover your eyes... But wait?! I am reading a book, right?!  

    Yes! Crescendo is like a suspense- thriller movie ...in a book! The pages are screaming "go get something , grab something and brace  yourself coz shit is about to happen!"  

    When I say that this book was unputdownable , I mean : you want to hold on to it no matter what you do! I even read it while eating breakfast, lunch and dinner?! Again, unputdownable.

      I love love everything about this book! It was fast paced,  totally unpredictable from beginning to end and  constantly throwing you questions that will make you more than to know the answer. It will make you question anything, everything and heck ! it will make you doubt  and become suspicious at the same time!

    And Patch? Oh that PATCH?!  The sexiest , annoying yet lovable fallen angel turned Nora's Guardian Angel?! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE  him, I swear!  I mean, what's NOT to love???
When he says something (and do something like this?! Yay! ) :


" You're mine, Angel." he murmured , brushing the words across my jawbone as I arched my neck higher, inviting him to kiss everywhere. " You have me forever.."

" Patch stood over me, and a drop of rain slid from his hair, landing like ice on my collarbone. I felt it slide along my my skin, disappearing beneath the neckline of my shirt. His eyes followed the raindrop, and I begun to quiver on the inside. " 

   My reaction????


     Hahaha! Yes, makes me feel the opposite of an angel?! Whooops! You can't blame me! If you read this book you'll DEFINITELY agree with me. Oh, you got to read Hush Hush first, since this is the sequel!

    I was going to give this book a 5 ...but Nora? Okay....there we go! Nora is soooo annoying!  First time I really got annoyed with a heroine! I understand the "damsels in distress" thing...in fact, I have no problem with it. But Nora? She is the damsel who always puts herself in distress! I am in the verge of throwing her pebbles....that gradually turned into rocks as big as my fist! I don't know what's her thing, but she always put herself in danger! And she refused  Patch to be her guardian angel?! And worse, broke up with him??!! Yes, broke up with Patch! WTH?????  That's the last thing she should do when someone/something powerful and very evil was after her life???? Ahhhhhh Nora, you are soo stubborn! 

   Well, that stubbornness seemed to lead to more trouble as she discovered a shocking truth about herself...about who she really was! Then... non stop , adrenaline pumping action! Like Nora, I don't even know whom to trust?! I was gripping unto my e reader... and waiting... that agonizing wait till the big bomb finally drop! It was torture ...and strange?! I love, love the feeling! 

   Just when, I am about to have breathe normally .... Just when I thought they are at least away from danger ( as for now? ) ....KA-Boooom!!  What the hell is happening?!!! Ohhhhh ...Nooooooooooo!!

   Then . The. Major. Cliffhanger.  OMG!!!! What can be more devastating than to give your reader something like that?!! I demand an explanation, Ms. Becca Fitzpatrick?!You ruined me!!!!


    After a few minutes of breathing slowly...one...two ..three.. "Calm down " ...I told myself.  Go grab the next book! Will definitely be reading the next one. I just hope * closes my eyes* there's more Patch next time!


                      I'm giving this book:
             4 can't EVER put it down stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment