Friday, March 7, 2014

My Review : Into the Deep by Samantha Young

Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)
From Goodreads:
Charley Redford was just an ordinary girl until Jake Caplin moved to her small town in Indiana and convinced her she was extraordinary. Almost from day one Jake pulled Charley into the deep and promised he was right there with her. But when a tragic incident darkened Jake’s life he waded out into the shallows and left Charley behind.

Almost four years later Charley thinks she’s moved on. That is until she takes a study year abroad in Edinburgh and bumps into none other than Jake Caplin at a party with his new girlfriend. The bad-boy-turned-good attempts to convince Charley to forgive him, and as her best friend starts spending time with Jake’s, Charley calls a truce, only to find herself tumbling back into a friendship with him.

As they grow closer, the spark between them flares and begins playing havoc with their lives and relationships. When jealousy and longing rear their destructive heads, Charley and Jake struggle to come to grips with what they mean to one another.

                           My Thoughts:

   Have you ever  felt giddy-excited even before actually reading a book? That butterfly in the stomach kind of feeling  and you were already grinning  at the mere thought of it? Yes, it was a strange feeling... and yes! That's what I felt the moment I got hold of this book!

    I only read two books from  Ms. Samantha Young but I can , without a doubt , say it with all my heart...and soul.. that she will be on my list of favorite authors EVER! I wish I can describe eloquently what it is in her stories that keep me captivated, spellbound and totally amazed....but I am short for words. I really am. The closest word I could think of : WOW! Yes, Ms. Young, you are ...WOW!!

   I just love how she wrote this one. Everything is so seamless and words are just free flowing. I love how my whole attention was grabbed even at the beginning...and was bombarded by this single question : "What the hell happened to both Charley and Jake?" . ....and I got my answers as the flashbacks came gradually. By the way, I loved it! The alternate Now and Then  per chapter?  Just Brilliant! I am hooked!

      What Charley and Jake had was extraordinary. It was intense, all consuming  and  feels-like forever kind of love...and to think  they are only sixteen? Yes, so young and sooooo in love. Everything went fast and for only a  couple of months ...they are completely "into the deep" with each other. Well, I think that was first love should feel like?!  Boy, to relive that feeling over again? I felt goosebumps! I was sighing and looking above me for..perhaps , flying hearts?? Haha.  Memory lane? Loved those moments. Ms . Young captured the whole feeling. I felt it !Again, Brilliant!

     Until that one tragic incident, everything went downhill for both of them. Charley, being the "super girl" wants to save their  relationship...but Jake shut her down entirely and moved away. I know right? How could he???!!


     Now both grown up and trying to move on...fate must have brought these two together... In Edinburgh, Scotland. Oh! One thing to love about Ms. Samantha's book...the setting!! I swear, I once thought that Paris was the number one place to fall in love! ....but, well, well, I changed my mind ! Edinburgh, it is! Definitely! I even googled it ( yes! Seriously!) ...oh my! Look at that?! Magical! *adding this place  to my bucketlist of places to visit!*

      Well, meeting your ex , the one who just left you without a valid explaination? ...was all shades of awkward! I was, "what the hell?!!" Crap!  . Oh, Charley? Never been sooo ackward in her life until she bumped in with Jake Caplin! But, wait?! Why does Jake's familiarity goes inside her nerves?! He hurt  her ...but why does she felt this longing? Ahhrrrrrrghhhhhh!! "First love never dies" might be true?!  Ooops! I want to add : Jake ...finally got himself a girlfriend! ...and she was really nice! What's my reaction? Double crap.  Ahhhhhrrrrrghhh!!! ( take note: I'll be using a lot of this on my entire review! Hah!) It would be easier and wise to avoid him? Pfffft! Easier said than done. You tell me , how to avoid, when you are , inside a circle of same friends?!!!  Plus, Jake seems ....no, more likely want to be closer to Charley?! Becoming her friend?! Seriously?!! Arrrrrrgggghhhh! Awkward . Crap.  
     I have a lot of feels as I move along. This is tooooo much to take! This...this Charley-Jake thing?! ...is seriously giving me a headache! ....did I raise my hands in surrender? No, I could not stop! I feel bad bad for the new girlfriend, but I am really rooting for Jake and Charley this time. Nothing personal, Melissa dear, I know Jake means something to you....but what Jake and Charley had? A love like no other. A love worth fighting for. So, another  series of questions were raised. Can Jake win back Charley's heart? Would Charley accept Jake back into her life? I could hope. We can all hope. What happens next? ....You got to read it yourself.  It's Swoony, angsty  and  everything in between. I love, love it!

    I also love the secondary characters. Claudia and Beck? I know these two have really interesting stories to tell. I love the "angsty" chemistry between them. So, I am looking forward  to read more about them, maybe on Ms. Young's upcoming sequels? *crossing my fingers*.

     The ending? I keep re-reading it over and over again? Have I missed something really important? ..wait, wait..wait??? Was that really the ending??? Arrrrrrrghhhh!!! No way! No way that I have to wait till the sequel to know what will happen to Jake and Charley?! Sigh. I guess I really have no choice here. *sad face* Really, really waiting for the next book.
   

            I'm giving this book:

        4 Arrrrrgh -worthy stars!





No comments:

Post a Comment