Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Review : Masked Innocence by Alessandra Torre

Masked Innocence (Innocence, #2) ***ARC provided by Harlequin through Netgalley  for an honest review***

Synopsis:
The man was sinful. It wasn't just the looks that made him dangerous, it was the cocky confidence that dominated every move, every touch. And the frustrating yet ecstatic fact about the whole package was that he could back it all up… 

Julia Campbell never knows what to expect with win-at-all-costs Brad De Luca. And she's starting to like it that way. She gave up safe, conventional relationships when she let the elite divorce attorney seduce her into his world. Now that he's determined to strip her naked of every inhibition, she's in danger of falling too deep and too fast. 

But their affair begins to feel even more dangerous when a murder leaves a trail of suspicion that points straight to the mob…and Brad. Trusting a man with a bad reputation and a past full of secrets seems like a mistake. But when she's forced to make a choice, the consequences will take her further than she could ever have imagined.

                         My Thoughts:

    I have a confession to make. I read this sequel without reading  the  first book!  Yes, how could I???  With  Alessandra Torre's name in it, I did not even blink or think twice , I just go dive and grab it! Oh, just to make myself in tune with this book, of course I did my homework.... well, more of a crash course of book one! I search and read reviews with spoilers! Yes! I have no idea that spoilers can be such a big help! haha. So, I kinda like read  Blindfolded Innocence in a zap!

     I read her previous book Sex Love Repeat and I loved it! I'm not really into the erotic genre ( says.. NOT me?! Haha! )... but the way she wrote it? Well written and never crude and too much! There's always something left  to imagine. And when I imagine?! That's the interesting part!

     Brad De Luca is temptation personified.  He is a walking "turn on"! One  you can't say NO to ..and more of a YES ! YES! YES! when you.... reach that BIG  O!  Whoooopsie!  Am I allowed to say such thing?!  After reading  Ms. Torre's book, I can...and I will! Haha!


     With that face...with that body...the oozing charm... the whole package?! I closed my eyes and try to imagine....Brad! Just delicious!  Whooopsie!!  Ahhhhhhhhh ( fangirling in a totally smutzy way! Haha!) ...now I can totally understand Julia! I get you girl, you simply can't get enough of that man! Damn! I would love to trade places with you ....like, right now! 

      When Julia and Brad decided to give this "relationship thing"  a try... It was all primal....va---vavooom! Sexually charged ...and quite unconventional? Well, nothing is ordinary with Brad's uhm, appetite?! Imagine, threesomes...or more?! The masked parties? Think theme playrooms... My oh my! Am I prepared for this??  .....the masked party?! Whoa! Wow! One word: Liberating! 


         Was Julia ready for this?  Can she fit into Brad's world?  Apparently , she could! When she had her taste... she accepted it...and more willing to explore and even stretch her limits. Brad touch awakened her and heighten all the... uhhhhmm, pleasure points of her body ! And in that department, I can say, Brad De Luca  is a master of his own!

     " ..Then, in the soft sheets and morning light, I had my seventh, eight and ninth orgasm in twelve hours."

   Take note :  Nine ( 9) freaking orgasms?!!!!!  holly molly freak in the sheets!!! 

       


     "...I rolled , I bent, and I was conquered, six times in all! It was a long and lengthy session of firm hands, soft kisses and positions I had never even dreamed off. "


   First, NINE "O"'s .... then SIX conquering , mind blowing ....and these words : LONG. LENGTHY. FIRM HANDS. SOFT KISSES. POSITIONS????! Ohmygwad!  Brad, you are so in my inappropriate thoughts right now!  Tee-hee. Whoopsie!

    See??? That's how "engaging" Ms. Torre's characters were! Haha!  I read a lot of steamy scenes but I find something really good on how she wrote it. It has passion, deep, intense connection between the characters and not just mindless sex.

     I love how the story progresses. Specially at the middle part! There's danger. Someone's after Julia's life. A powerful Mob....that's somehow been linked to Brad himself?! Is Brad really the man she thinks he was?

      As the truth begun to set in, Julia has to make a decision . To hand in her total trust ....and total surrender to the one person that could both destroy and save her? Does she have a choice?

      It was an intense moment. I had  mixed emotions over how Julia took it...but mostly scared of what might happened next. And that NEXT? ...was cut by the author's acknowledgment?! Yes, that was the ending! Arrgh!

     Overall, it was a wonderful read as expected from Ms. Torre! Never been disappointed ( except for that cliffy ending!  *groans!* ) Looking forward for the next book.... quick!

 
I'm giving this book 4 Yummy & hot as Brad stars!
 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment