Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Review : Wicked Thing by Angeline Kace

Wicked Thing   
From Goodreads:
New Adult Contemporary Romance

**Due to content, this book is not suitable for readers under the age of 18.**

Carmyn Rafferty witnessed the aftermath of her mother's affair. She learned at a young age not to trust anyone. Especially not your spouse. So she's planned. She's planned every detail of her life: who her husband will be, what their careers will be, what their lives will be like. All to avoid the pain of infidelity. 

Dallas Brown lives according to his own terms. He doesn't do relationships, he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him, and he doesn't live up to anyone's expectations. 

When Carmyn's fiancé cheats on her, it sends her into a whirlwind of one-night stands with the most infamous player on campus. She can't seem to stay away from this tough guy and his dangerous motorcycle. Everything about him is the complete opposite of who she'd planned to fall in love with: tattoos, dark stubble along his jawline, and hair that brushes his shoulders. 

As Dallas and Carmyn begin to fall deeper and deeper into each other, they learn that love can truly be a wicked, wicked thing.

                               My Thoughts:


      The cover of this book really caught my attention. Both of them really gorgeous! From the wicked gleam of their eyes, I was instantly curious what it's all about!
   
     As I begun to read, I can say that the cover justified the characters.  Dallas and Carmyn , as the author described and as I imagined, really looked that way. ( and I'm really glad! ) 
 
     Carmyn Rafferty is super hot and guys over campus had their eyes on her specially when she became "available" ,  thanks to her cheating boyfriend ! ( what a douche bag!)  Her cheating , now ex boyfriend shattered all Carmyn's well made plans of a happy ending... thus, making it hard for her to trust again.  Enter Dallas Brown... If being popular equates to really yummy on the eyes ( and taste buds too?! ) and definitely hot on the sheets... then, Dallas is Mr. Popular himself!  Every hot blooded female wants to have a piece of that ! ( Me too!!! Haha. ) But then there's a catch: Dallas doesn't do commitment. So, it's just good time ( really, really good / sexy time! ) then nothing else. 
   
     Well, well, looks like Dallas was the perfect candidate for the girl on rebound Carmyn! With her best friend, Ava's power of persuasion , she decided to sleep with Dallas just one time. At first, I was like, I can't believe Carmyn would do something like that?!  Would you really sleep with another guy just to be even with your douche-y ex?!  *shaking my head* 
 
    Oh, let me tell you  about this one time, one night with Dallas : it was HOT .. HOT.. HOT...STEAMY..STEAMY!  From the dance floor to the bedroom... SEXY.. SEXY!  Gosh! Ms. Angeline Kace can write that well! No wonder Carmyn found that night unforgettable!  And who would forget Dallas Brown?! That face, that body , that sexy charm?! Totally hard to miss! And Dallas' kisses?! Will total destroy you! It can be slow... torturous..then  hurried, hungry  and all consuming at the same time. It was so intense for a "one night only"?! And ladies, I am just  talking about his kisses! What more if I have to describe what happens next?! It will make you want to trade places with Carmyn !

Yes, I am so ready for Dallas Brown! When Carmyn thought it was a "one time" thing between them? Dallas thinks the other way around. He wants more from this girl..like Camryn is so addictive.  

He will do anything just to be near her. For someone who prefers to sleep around, it's quite surprising that he never look nor glance to another female except for Carmyn! Yes! He totally got it bad. And what he did to get Carmyn attention, was beyond swoony!

    “Well, we’re not dating, and you have yet to see the last of me, so what should we call it?”
“Acquaintances.”

“I’m going to be the best damn acquaintance with benefits you’ve ever had.”

"Aquaintance with benefits"?! With Dallas?! I'll be damned!! ...and I ....faint!!! Haha. 

     I love the chemistry between them. I just knew it right from their first kiss...touch.. that these two are really meant to be.  I thought  Dallas  is going to be douche-chy ...but I was so wrong! He was the sweetest of all!  Can one be hot and sweet be found on one same person?! Apparently it is!  When he made that metal sculpture with Carmyn as his muse?! Awwwwww! When he modified his bike just to fit in Carmyn's butt?! Double Awwwwwwwww! ....And when he did that Dirty dancing act on the waters with Carmyn... It's more than Awwwwwwwww! I was swooning non stop!  That was  when I told myself... I was so loving Dallas Brown! 


     I'm really glad that this book has no heavy angst in it.  Of course there's been not so good times too..when their personal issues and differences were  brought into  the surface. But then... Love can make anything possible, right?

     I loved the ending. Specially the .....???!! ( now, it would be a super spoiler, if I told you! Hehe. ) It was the best way to end this book. The last few scenes....  I wish my  .... ( now you have to read the book to find out yourself! ) ..would have exactly like that! It was way beyond romantic! I was swooning and.... dancing! Yes! dancing ! And yes! It involves a scene from Dirty Dancing!


             I'm giving this book:

4 Swoony, Hottest  lift me up like Patrick Swayze- Dirty dancing style kind of stars!





      

No comments:

Post a Comment