Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Review: Beautiful Oblivion by Jaime McGuire

Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful, #3)
From Goodreads:
Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn’t have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with a first weekend off in almost a year.

Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. 

Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlor to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. 

As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she’ll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever—even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart.



                 My Thoughts:



This was my first book from Jaime McGuire. I knoooowwww..... you might wonder how come I missed "Beautiful Disaster"? Or better yet, how did I missed Travis Maddox?! Before giving me that evil eye... ( I know, a lot of Travis fangirls out there! ) , let me assure you, I WILL read it soon! :)


So, here's my Review  breakdown:

1. Cover: 5 stars! Beautiful Oblivion is one of the prettiest covers I've seen! Just look at it! First glance, you already want to read it ( and own your own paperback copy too! ) .


2. Main characters: 3 stars.  I want to give it at least 4 but ... I have both likes and dislikes.

 Trenton Maddox - book boyfriend material if you are into Alpha males ? Like really alpha cavemen?! Yes, Trenton will beat the sh*t out of any guy within his Cami?! ( yup! She's the heroine!) And you don't want to mess with the Maddox(es)... not if you want to lost a limb or sport a broken nose?! Yes! These boys are ... Well, handful!

This is why I love Trenton Maddox:
He is funny, and yes! Sexy as hell ( but no need to say that, you'll figure that one out already!) ...oh! He likes kids too! Oh, you can see how he adores Olive ( his Ew! Sooo cute) ...and the way he pursues Cami?! So...so.. Unrelenting? Insistent? Persistent? ....and Yes! Entertaining!

This is why I don't like Trenton Maddox:
He is super insecure when it comes to Cami! And do he really have to beat somebody's ass?! Seriously?! Even with the "L-word" being said and done? 

Camille Camlin:
Here's why I love her:
She is caring, loving sister to her brother Cody. Hhmm, what else? I think she's a good friend to Reagan. Ooh! She is feisty! Yes, she is!

What I don't like:
First , Well, I personally don't really like girls who smoke. I'm cool with Tats and piercing though. 
Secondly, Cami thought she cheated on her bf when she entertained Trenton..and his kiss? If you ask me, I don't even know what to think! Tj , was her absentee boyfriend?! But still. She had a boyfriend! And it's frustrating to think that she wants Trent ...and she ..wants to be okay with TJ? Ugh.

3. The other characters :  3  stars

I know each of them have their stories to tell. Reagan , with her relationship with Kody...and Brazil? Ugh. Too much drama! What's with all of these??? Sometimes, when they are all together, I get pretty mixed up. Just Too much!

4. The plot of the story : I'll divide into three parts : 1st very interesting . Middle part: So much drama! Last part: Whoa! So...that makes sense! I admit , I did not see that one coming! It was an interesting surprise!  ---Definitely 4 stars!


“Trenton’s cast was between us, and I ran my finger over the different names, thinking about all of the people who loved us that had come to my room. I paused when I came across T.J.’s signature, and silently said a final good-bye to the simple but sophisticated scribble......." 


THAT particular part made me say: " Ahhhhhh.... That's why!! 

Loved the ending. It's not a typical cliffy, but it was surely something you want to know what happens next! I'll be looking forward for a sequel for sure!

My final verdict : 3.5 stars, and JUST because I loved that ending! I'm rounding it up to 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment