Monday, July 21, 2014

My review : Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

Archer's Voice
From Goodreads:
When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

                      My Thoughts:


I have any of these two reactions whenever I am extremely pleased over a book.  One : I talk incessantly. Yep! like non stop , words everywhere, words anywhere and something like this  : asdghgltrlrjdhdjsrot ?! Incorrigible and ...scary?! Hah!  And two: I am  .......silent! Very Silent.Yes! Like Me staring longingly at the wall? on empty space?  God, like everything else was empty? Yes. Intense.

Reading Archer's voice, I got two reactions : I want to write everything down ( meaning blabber! blabber!) but ...what happens next?! I am temporarily immobilized. How can I ever put into words this bottled feeling I am having right now??? Amazing was not even the closest adjective ?!  This book was just... *blink*....*blinks again* ....wonderful ? incredible?  extraordinary ? ....and every word related to SO-awesome-You'll be speechless!

 After a couple of minutes ( of deep reflection?! ) which include , closing my eyes ,breathing deep and counting  3..2..1.. I can finally say this words  clearly and with reverence. "I ARCHER YOU. I ARCHER YOU SO MUCH! Yes. I . do.  Archer Hale is everything I want for a book boyfriend and more!

For a guy with no voice, Archer can speak volumes that can reach both your heart and soul. What he been through ..the tragedy he witnessed as a child , losing  his voice? The burden he'd been carrying all his life...living in isolation ? Was beyond  a normal person could ever  carry!  But apparently, Archer has gotten used with this life, in fact, he built this wall around him ....not until he met Bree Preston. Everything changed.

I love and super adore Bree! Her persistence and patience into breaking Archer's wall, was a wow!  Not to mention she is really funny. No wonder , she made the elusive Archer... well, break into smile. I love how they started as friends... though the attraction  screams?! I can't blame Bree, because Archer..was really a feast on the eyes! Well, just look at the cover! Take note, that's only Archer's.. uhmm , behind?!  Can you imagine if he's actually facing you?! I do. I do!! Wish I could make you see my "imagined " Archer... you will either fan yourself ...or faint?! Haha!  Okay. Okay! Maybe , something like this?

I knooooow!! I loved the smiley Archer Hale!!  ( uhm, and well, of course, that body!!)  *winks* Oooh, you thought ,it's all physical , huh?! Wait , till you read what this "awkward , sweet, silent boy can do! I tell you he's just the sweetest!( and the hottest!! Eeep!)

Let me give you a teeny excerpt :

"What are you doing here? I asked.
You don't like thunderstorms, he answered.
I tilted my head, confused. You walked a mile  in the rain because I don't like thunderstorms? ..."

"...I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now but I just thought if I sat on your prch, you wouldn't be scared. You wouldn't be alone. "

Oh my god! I could just melt. Right here. Right now! That's probably one of the best lines ( and sweetest gesture )  I've ever read. Ms. Mia Sheridan is soooooo good!

This is the first book I've read from her and surely won't be  my last! I just love how she wrote  it, how she put those emotions into words . I felt those words like they were real. The struggles both Bree and Archer gone through? I felt it. I am with them ... every single page.

I love how the whole story went. It was smooth, like everything was just perfectly place. The perfect mixture of everything...  light ( fun ) moments ...the long Awwwwwwwwwws ( Yup, that's the swoon times) ...  the "fanning a LOT" sexy times  ( I tell, you Archer's an overachiever on that area! *winks* ) and of course THOSE  moments when I screamed Noooo..Noooo.. noooooo !!! ( Almost gave me a heart attack there! Really. )

Ooooh.. I bet you are curious now? Go .... grab this book, like, right now! And..uhh, another thing, serious book hangover ahead!


           I'm giving this book:
     5 I-Archer-you-So-Much Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment