Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Review : Addicted For Now by Krista & Becca Richie

Addicted for Now (Addicted, #2)  
From Goodreads:

He's addicted to booze. She's addicted to sex...staying sober is only half the battle.

No. More. Sex. 

Those are the three words Lily Calloway fears the most. But Loren Hale is determined to be with Lily without enabling her dangerous compulsions. With their new living situation—sleeping in the same bed, for real, together—Lily has new battles. Like not jumping Lo’s bones every night. Not being consumed by sex and his body.

Loren plans to stay sober, to right all of his wrongs. So when someone threatens to expose Lily’s secret to her family and the public, he promises that he’ll do anything to protect her. But with old enemies surfacing, Lo has more at stake than his sobriety.

They will torment Lily until Lo breaks. 

And his worst fear isn’t relapsing. He hears the end. He sees it. The one thing that could change everything. Just three words. 

No. More. Us

                My Thoughts:

   This book was one of my most anticipated books. I loved Lily and Lo even with their unconventional relationship. Yes, they're both addicts..well, recovering addicts to be exact. And I want to know how they are coping.. now that Lo's finally coming home.

    It's been really hard for Lily to be away from Lo while he submits himself to alcoholic rehab . As a sex addict the separation  seems like forever  and has been  REALLY a challenge . The constant urges, the sleepless nights... are just few things she had to face. I'm also glad that she submits herself to therapy, and even though Lo was away, she had the support from her loving sister, Rose. ( and of course, not to forget Ryke and Connor too!)
 
     After those months, Lo was finally going home. I can feel Lily's SUPER high anticipation for this day to come! I'm expecting Lily grabbing and ripping Loren Hale's clothes..and they won't surely make it up to the bedroom! But what exactly happened: Lo take it oh so slow! ( Yes, they STILL  made it to their bedroom!) As usual , Lo is oh-so-sexy! ( as always! ) and this time he is pleasing and .... pleasuring?! ( Oh! I love that WORD, Damn! ) Lily on his own terms?!  And believe me, Lo's ways are mind blowing, freaking sexy!


     Oh right, there's like a black list from Lily's therapist : what is allowed , what's not. Seriously?! Yup, apparently if you're a sex addict ! It also means there's like a schedule when, where and even how they do it?! Goshhhhhh! How agonizing it would be for her to want IT but have to wait? Well, I guess with Lo looking oh-so-fine? I can't wait too?! Haha. But I think it's way different around Lily, she "craves" Lo like a drug! Just imagine : Sharing bed with Lo but just to sleep? She was not even allowed to touch herself?! It has to be done.

   Same thing goes for Lo, NO ALCOHOL EVER! No .. not even to think about it! Of course, Lo have sleepless nights  and it shows.. the haggard .. dark circles in his eyes, even the irritability  and restlessness. All these he had to endure ...because he wants to be a better person for Lily.

    Just the thought of it made me feel that "feel". It was quite touching that two people , no matter how damaged they were, find shelter and strength in each other. When it seems like everything is on smoothly... Like I thought , this was it... A road to happy ending, something huge happened!  Something that might destroy Lily. Apparently, her "secret" was not really safe . Someone knows. And threatening to destroy both Lo and Lily. 

     I was like, Oh no! Oh nooooooo.... I was filled with enough worry. Can Lily handle this? Will she survive? Will Lo be strong? For her and for both of them?  Dirty  and really malicious text messages keep on coming..but from whom?  I was hooked as I go through the pages. I have no freaking idea who might be responsible?! Arrgh!  Sure, Lo had a fair share of enemies  on his douche-bag years...well more like, a LOT of enemies ( his drunken mess! ) ...anyone can hold grudges against him. 

     And for Lily? Poor , poor thing. She was struggling painfully each day. Yes, she even tried to fight it..her addiction ---- constantly lurking ready to swallow her whole. And sometimes, she can't help it... Giving in to " self love" ... afterwards she feels guilty.  It must be really hard to be  her...and be in her situation.


     I love how this story grip every part of me. It was heavy with emotions which  made me feel  like I'm drowning.. like I'm struggling for air? I felt Lily's weight, her burden that seems to be so hopeless. And I also felt Lo, being torn to giving up and staying strong for Lily. Their love is like no other. When I think about the situation they gone  through is no piece of cake. I mean, it's beyond any sane person can handle?! And knowing how fragile they were, most specially Lily when all these cruel things are directed at her? I won't be surprised if she decided to end up her life. But again , this fragile , frail girl I thought I knew did surprised  me ! Lily was strong. She fought her demons.  I admired her  even more. 

   I loved the ending . The  wonderful closure was realistically written. It was a beautiful and heartfelt story about a difficult subject matter : Addiction. After reading this book, I am sure nobody can pull this off like both Ms. Krista and Becca Richie!   I'll  sure be looking forward for their upcoming books!

         I'm giving this book:
4 Emotional High Gripping Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment