Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Review: Stripped by Jasinda Wilder

Stripped  
From Goodreads:

 So how did I get myself into this situation, you ask? Simple: desperation. When you're faced with being homeless and hungry or taking off your clothes for money, the choice is easier than you'd imagine. That doesn't make it easy, though. Oh no. I hate it, in fact. There's nothing I'd like more than to quit and never go into another bar again, never hear the techno beat pulsing in my ears again, never feel the lecherous gazes of horny men again.

Then, one day, I meet a man. He's in my club, front and center. He watches me do my routine, and his gaze is full of hunger. Not the kind of desire I'm used to though. It's something different. Something hotter, deeper, and more possessive. I know who he is; of course I do. Everyone knows who Dawson Kellor is. He's People Magazine's Sexiest Man alive. He's the hottest actor in Hollywood. He's the man hand-picked for the role of Rhett Butler in the long-awaited remake of Gone With the Wind. 

He's the kind of man who can have any woman in the entire world with a mere crook of his finger. So what's he doing looking at me like he has to have me? And how do I resist him when he looks at me with those intoxicating, changeable, quicksilver eyes? 

I'm a virgin, and he's an American icon of male sexuality. I'm a stripper, and he's a man used to getting anything and everything he wants. And he wants me. I know I should say no, I know he's the worst kind of player…but what my mind knows, my body and my heart may not.

And then things get complicated.                                   

                             My Thoughts:

    This is my first Jasinda Wilder book and I admit, I was more intrigue with its blurb. Grey is a stripper who happens to be a virgin?  So, I was thinking... Interesting. How come?

     As I flipped through the pages, I got my answer. Grey is a sheltered daughter of a pastor. When I say sheltered it means sheltered from the "worldly things"  which her strict father considers sinful. Dancing is Grey's passion and also into filming. Her dad was against to all of these. And Grey, being stubborn and really wanted to prove that she can make it, went  to pursue her dream. No matter what.

     Being independent was never easy for Grey specially when her college fund started to deplete. And again, as stubborn as she is, she never ask for any help... Specially from her dad. So , instead of swallowing her pride and go call Daddy? She go look for a job.. and ended up as an exotic dancer..a stripper. She's Grey the ideal college student by day... and Gracie the "hesitant stripper " by night. Oh, she hates it so much , she cries and even throws up after each show. How can she stand being groped and feasted by lusty eyes each and every time.  But then she had to do it because she had no choice.


     Then she met Dawson Kellor....

    “Onscreen he’s breathtaking. Sharp features, penetrating hazel eyes, dark hair somewhere between brown and black. Tall and ridiculously ripped, with sculpted arms and a broad, hard chest. He’s Brad Pitt and Henry Cavill and Josh Duhamel and so much more”

“In person…he’s beyond perfection. I can’t look away from him, but his beauty burns me, like staring into the sun.
And now he’s in my club, and he’s staring at me expectantly, and I can’t move. His eyes are quicksilver, a changeable hazel. He’s too beautiful for words, and I’m not sure what to do. My body won’t work.”


         Clearly Grey was star-strucked? But it's more than that. Dawson's piercing eyes sees her through. In those eyes, she is not Gracie.. She is Grey. When he touched her..

" His hands touch me and I’m sucked in, and I’m not a stripper, for a moment. I’m clothed, and he’s looking at me. At me. Almost as if he’s seeing Grey, instead of Gracie, even though he couldn’t possibly know the difference.”

           Grey never let any man touch her... But Dawson's touch feels something...like there's a connection... And it scared and overwhelmed her at the same time.

   “I see his eyes, blue-shot gray, like lightning-laced storm clouds, and I hear his voice whispering to me: “You can’t resist me, Grey. You are mine, Grey”



     When Dawson offered to take care of Grey, ( pay for her college and stop being a stripper)  I started to worry that this book will turn out to be another BDSM , not that I'm against it. ( I like Fifty shades of Grey! ) So, this just Dawson's way of showing he cares? Why not? He is really, really filthy rich!  And he owns a freaking Bugatti!  But..... Again the "but" Grey, the stubborn ... Stubborn Grey  doesn't want to accept his offer / help?!  Now, I'm starting to get annoyed! She felt like she's being "bought"?!  Because she's a stripper? Arrrrgh! Why not take the offer when clearly she needs it? And she CLEARLY  wants Dawson?!  This so frustrating! Plus all the whining?! So..so immature!  And I don't like when she always try to run away from her so called problems? Like she feels ashamed of being a stripper but when Dawson offered her out, she won't take it?! Gosh! I just wanna smack her and shake her up! Like, seriously Grey? Wake up to reality?!!! Ugh.


     Being with Dawson was never easy. As famous as he is, paparazzi are along on his tail... and now, the attention's on her. Again, there's the insecure Grey, always afraid that they'll discover her secret, her past as a stripper. And again I want to sigh and roll my eyes! Of course they will find out! But so what?! You got the sexiest guy wrapped around your fingers! Arrrgh!  *shaking my head vehemently*

      Most of the story revolves around Grey's constant insecurities and running away...and Dawson's going after her rescue. *double ugh! * I just can't believe this girl?!  Can't you see, Grey?! Your'e  the luckiest girl alive?!  Ugh. 

      It's so ..so annoying. I really wanted to give a lower  rating... but then, the sexy Dawson  made me think twice.  Yes! I loved him!  And a potential book boyfriend for me! He's like my  Christian Grey minus the BDSM! Just perfect. And when, he says.."baby" or "babe" ?  So sexy! Not to mention his bedroom moves?! Makes me squirm and blush in ways inappropriate ! It's only rightful to call this man , Hollywood's sex god! Gosh, even his voice..the way I imagine it.. makes me hyperventilate! I just wish Ms. Jasinda Wilder, further elaborate his character because I want to get to know Dawson on a more personal level...uhmm, like,  knowing what's going on inside his sexy head ?! Yes, please! 

      If you are looking for a steamy short ( finished it within 24 hours! ) read ...this ones for you... plus there's Dawson Kellor ----definitely a hot, hot treat to feast on! 



                    I'm giving this book:

                  3 sexy , yummy stars!


***Note: Pictures and GIF's used on this blog are from Google. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment