Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Review: Simple Perfection by Abbi Glines

Simple Perfection (Perfection, #2; Rosemary Beach, #5)
From Goodreads:
Woods had his perfect life mapped out for him. Rise up the ranks of the family business. Marry the rich girl of his parents’ dreams. Pretend that wealth and privilege was all he’d ever wanted. Then a girl named Della breezed into town, a beautifully imperfect stranger who captured his heart and opened his eyes to a new kind of future. Woods is ready and willing to sacrifice everything for her when the sudden death of his father leaves him with his mother to care for and a business to manage.

Della is determined to be strong for Woods, even as she’s quietly falling to pieces. No matter how far from home she’s run, the ghosts of her past have never stopped haunting her. Struggling to hide her true feelings from Woods, Della fears she can’t be his rock without dragging him down into the darkness with her. But is she strong enough to let go of the last thing holding her together?

                                My Thoughts:

     This was me BEFORE Simple Perfection  came out:

    Yes, I am desperately trying to entertain myself with almost anything?! Twisted Perfection left me with a cliffhanger that made me feel sooo sad..and empty. ( Am I depressed?  Uh-oh, I hope not!)  I am so close to losing it... ( so dramatic?! ---Well, I am!) And then..... I saw Ms. Abbi Glines' announcement.... Simple Perfection is  finally OUT!

     My dark, cold days  ( again, the dramatics! hehe.) begun to shift into something bright and beautiful.... I actually saw the light! Uhmm, I think it's coming from the glare of my computer screen?? Haha.  Hello, Amazon! I was one-click away from getting this book finally on my hands!  So, I CLICKED.
  So, with Simple Perfection finally INSIDE my book reader... I was looking a lot like this! Panting and short of breath . Woods..Woods... Woods!!!! I missed you so much!!  I want to hug you,kiss you, squeeze your hard... body ( I know what you are thinking! Haha!) I try hard to contain myself  but failed. So, I silently scream inside! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! It's more than excitement!

Boy! I was more glad to finally see Woods and Della together.  These two literally sizzles and burn . I always love their sexy times. Woods and his"moves" was always way, way hotter as it gets!

     Okaaaay... before I start to fangirl ( again! ) Let's go on  with my review.

    I love everything about this book!  ( and ALL Abbi Glines books! )  My only complaint was it's too short! (  Only 600 pages on my book reader--- I want a thousand pages at least! hehe. )  But, well.... if it has the yummy Woods all over it?! What's not to like... or love for that matter! Plus, I need my "Woods fix" quick!

    After Woods Dad passed away, he was forced to come back to Rosemary and face the responsibility of taking over his  family's  Empire. Running their family business was  never easy when his Mom is all pain in the ass! ( I never liked her! ) Plus the Psycho Angelina was pestering him and threatening  and actually tried to beat up  our sweet, fragile Della?!  Good thing , our bad ass Blaire came into the rescue with her gun?! Yes! a gun!  I love Blaire Finlay even more!

    Woods was torn between the pressure of running a company and keeping Della safe . I can imagine the stress Woods is handling and it was not easy. Della continues to have this episodes when not with Woods... the terror of her past  and what she might become ( like her mom ) was tormenting her. And seeing Woods have to deal with it, makes her a lot insecure and feels so useless not to do anything about it.  So she made a "make it or break it" decision... to leave Rosemary  behind.. let Woods go .. but , is she strong to leave the only person that can keep herself together?

      What happens between the prologue and epilogue is something that let me held my breath. I am with Della as she struggles to face her inner demons and fears. As fragile as I think she was, I admire this new Della.  She is indeed stronger than she thinks she is. It's also great to see Tripp and her best friend , Braden  all supportive. And Woods! My goodness! I have fallen so hard for this guy!

   “You're my all-in, Della. I'll throw it all away for you. I just want you. I'm all in, baby. This life with you, I'm planning on us.”

     To be away from Della was more than torment. But what he did? He let Della go ...even if it torn him apart. Knowing how possessive and protective Woods?! And to think Tripp was with her, to hold her when she screams at night, when she was afraid... that should  be Woods. Still he let Della heal at her own pace and terms. 

       When he plead Tripp to take care of Della with these words:

“Hold her for me. Hold her tight. Don't let her be lonely. Don't let her hurt. Please.”

     I was completely blown away!  That's hopeless, desperate , madly in love  Woods can get! I swooned. I cried. I felt it. Woods. Woods. Woods!  

      I love the turn of events as the story goes along. The truth Della discovered about herself and who she really is... I sighed a breath of relief. I think that truth made a great impact  to make her realized that all the fears that she had  are all just part of the past and will not dictate what she will become.  Love. Loved Della. I want to hug her and say, "I know you can do it." 

      I also love how Ms. Abbi Glines  included  something about Grant and Tripp and a glimpse of their stories. Looks like a very interesting teaser for her coming books! Which I will surely  be looking forward to! 

      The ending  was great. That was the ending I was expecting! And thank goodness no cliffhanger! Though, I'm a little bit sad that Woods and Della's story finally ended.. ( got a little separation anxiety! --as I always had when reading really good stories!) ...but I'm really happy for them.  Plus I got another story to look forward... Grant and Harlow... Tripp and Bethy?  Thanks to you, Ms. Abbi Glines! 


               I'm giving this book:
              5 wonderful ,touching stars!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment