Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal (Lux, #3)
From Goodreads:  

    No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.               

                         My review:

    I was thrilled  to buddy read Opal with a friend. The truth is, J L Armentrout has  a special spot in  my book loving heart... Plus I develop a Lux Series Addiction! And I can't wait but to be with my favorite unlikely pair Katy and Daemon! I missed  their constant verbal showdown... and not to mention their precious "alone time" which always gain a little smile, smirk and evil-naughty grin from me all the time.

    So here we go..Opal started where Onyx ended. And Daemon's brother is back. Looks like a great family reunion huh? But not exactly. Dawson comes back ... different , withdrawn.. and so into ignoring Daemon. This bothered Daemon big time. Of course, he missed his brother!  And our Dee is so not talking ...and despises Katy blaming her for her boyfriend's death. So much drama! And a lot of stress! When I look at it , I could say, poor Katy being caught in this big Alien mess!  

      When Blake who is supposed to disappear suddenly came into to picture.. And actually, making a deal?! A deal they can't resist! A deal that would mean so much to Dawson... to rescue his beloved Beth! Daemon knows this is dangerous.. but can he stop Dawson? And he can't lose Dawson again.  Then  everything came into frenzy!  Dawson can never do it alone... Daemon being so ever protective wants to go with it, but not risking everybody he cares about...and yes! Most specially Katy "the ever so willing to go with everything as-long-as-we-are-together" Daemon!  Sigh. Because of what she believes .

             "Together we are stronger.. And they know it.."

      I love the way J L Armentrout makes me hold my breath in two very different reasons: First, and as always.. the intensity of Daemon and Katy's kisses.  It was excruciating!  Like , I am waiting for so much more!!! But there will always be some unwanted interruption or distraction?! Arrrgh! This is so much more like a Luxen expose to  an Onyx!!  PAINFUL!! Am I overreacting here?  lol. One of my fave scene was when  they are both lost in each other on the dance floor! Oh. Yeah. I can imagine and feel .. even their breaths!  It was HOT in bold letters!! 

““When Daemon’s lips pressed more firmly against mine, I opened up, not losing the rhythm even though he was stealing my breath. My—our hearts were pounding, grabbing, clutching, his slipping over the curve of my back, and behind my lids, I saw a pinprick of white light.”

       See what I'm talking about?!  And yes! I can even hear the music that's been playing while they are dancing! I'd like to think it's E.T. by Katy Perry! It's so appropriate! ( or the dancing , inappropriate?! ) Haha. I got carried away. Sorry! :p And fangirl says, I'm imagining myself at the dance floor , skin to skin close with Daemon Black with that song ! *extreme fangirling!


      Secondly, the way JLA  creates the suspense. And the impending DANGER?!  Feels  sooo real to me.. like I actually feel worried / scared for them. And as I read , the more I want to peek or skip pages just to see what will happen next! The more it test my willpower. ( of course , I'm holding back the urge! Haha! ) It was always unpredictable!

    “We weren't doing this because we had a death wish or that we were stupid, but because there were two lives at stake, probably more, that were worth as much as ours. Perhaps this whole endeavor was sacrificial, but if we didn't go through with it, we’d lose Beth, Chris, and Dawson. Blake was an acceptable loss.”

“You really shouldn’t trust a soul in this game. Not when everyone has something to gain or lose”

     Feel the danger here? Well, I feel that way almost the entire book! It was like, I'm waiting something to pop or explode right into my face!  And can they even trust Blake or anyone sorta helping them on that matter? I feel helpless. I don't have any idea!  This is bad.



     And the ending?! It was Noooooooooooooooo!!!! It can't be!!!!!!!  And I been screaming like this for a couple of minutes!  My heart is destroyed!  Shredded into pieces!!  It was so heartbreaking! I can't even further describe the feeling ... like , I'm in doom! Like , the moon  literally fell on earth?! Devastated! Wails! Sobs!


     I got also mixed emotions  both hate and love?! Is it even possible?! I hate it because that happened... But I love it because it has given me  another reason to want to read the next book!  I want it! I need it ... Now! 

 “I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will,” he said, voice thick and hoarse with panic... " ( Daemon Black )


Here's my playlist:

                    E.T. by Katy Perry



                 Radioactive by Imagine Dragons


                                       My verdict:

               4 heart breaking, heart shattering stars! 




    

No comments:

Post a Comment