Friday, October 24, 2014

My Review : Jake Undone by Penelope Ward

Jake Undone (Gemini, #2)
From Goodreads:
Nina Kennedy was alive…but not living…until she met him.

Planes, trains, heights…you name it, Nina was afraid of it and led a sheltered life ruled by irrational fears and phobias. When she moves to Brooklyn for nursing school, that life is turned upside down, as she develops an intense but unwanted attraction to her gorgeous roommate, who’s pierced, tattooed and just happens to be the smartest person she’s ever met.

Behind Jake Green’s rough exterior and devilish smile, lies a heart of gold. He makes it his mission to change Nina’s outlook on life. When he agrees to tutor her, they forge a bet and the stakes are high as Jake forces Nina to face her demons. He just wasn’t expecting to fall hard for her in the process.

What Nina doesn’t realize, is that Jake has been living his own private hell. Once he drops a bombshell, will their love survive it?
               My Thoughts:

     Meeeeeeeeee ohhhhhh Myyyyyyyyy!  What can I say?! Penelope Ward and her boys?! Perfect book boyfriends!! Me, Likey VERY..VERY MUCH!

    This is my second book from Ms. Ward and I  admit, I have  developed  some "mild addiction"  . Well, If you consider "mild" as : Me ,reading this ...then once in awhile  checking out her other books?! ( And one-clicking?! Darn! )  Yes. MILD ...still the word?! Hee hee!


    For the adoring fans of Ms. Penelope Ward, you know exactly what I mean! .... for the newbies, look at what you been missing?! This!


    Lemme, me tell you a little something about this book...  ( a little forewarning though,   "mild"  fangirling ahead. Hah! )



    Blink. Blink. <----That's a  normal  eye , blinking .   My eyes  after I met  Jake Green?  Bliiiiink . Bliiiiiink.. Oh-so-slooowly. Hellooooooooooo....Flirty eyes! Yes! One of the many body reactions I had for Jake Green!

Who is Jake Green?  Well...

GORGEOUS....

PIERCED...

TATTOOED.... and..... Take note :

the SMARTEST person!!!! ( as per Nina's statement and mine too!!! )  <------- Where on earth can you find ALL that attributes in one guy?!

Oh! ...and it never stops there ! Here's more  reason to love Jake:

"Behind Jake Green’s rough exterior and devilish smile, lies a heart of gold. He makes it his mission to change Nina’s outlook on life. When he agrees to tutor her, they forge a bet and the stakes are high as Jake forces Nina to face her demons.."

   So... same question still stands : Where on earth can we find a guy like that???? The answer is , NOWHERE but inside a Penelope Ward book! I just love the characters she created. You know they are not real ( which is a bummer! )  but still , deep inside , you want them to exist. ( like, really ..really exist!!! )

   The moment I opened this book, I dived inside the story right away.  I felt Nina's fears ....and  felt Jake like she did. My! The attraction was just BOOOM! There was really  that SOMETHING  about Jake's presence that will either  make you :  catch your breath...or not breathe at all!  Oh, there's even a  word for that, it's called FANGIRLING, ladies, fangirling!

  ....And I loooove how  Ms . Ward   wrote that SOMETHING !  (Take note: How Jake ate his banana! )

"He continued to devour the entire batch until the plate is bone dry....He ran his finger repeatedly across the plate licking the last remnants, which cause my insides to tingle.
     I suddenly wished I were wearing the plate. "

   Now, you see, how a lowly banana  can make   Nina  wished  she was wearing that particular plate???   ( And me wishing, I'm the banana?! Whoopsie! ) Oooooh my! Trouble. Trouble. He looks like trouble...and Nina  doesn't need any of that when she has her own  troubles to deal with.  But can she really stay away when Jake was practically her room mate? Moreover, when all the circumstances leads her to him? Oh, there's also a word for that : DESTINY. Destiny! *dreamy  sigh*

     I love the creative ways Jake did to help Nina deal with her phobias. It was the swooniest too! That stuck-inside-the- elevator scene?  , add up that playlist? Awwwwwwww-worthy!  Those bat Origamis too ? Me. Melt -melt!

     So, the chemistry between these two were  LOUD and CLEAR.   Then why oh why?!  NO ONE's making the first move????

"My heart hasn't beat the same since I laid eyes on you, Nina. Ever since that day, my entire life has been about doing everything in my power not to want you like this..because I don't want to drag you into my fucked up life."

Arrgh! See?? This is when the "Penelope Ward signature angst" takes over!!! .....and it's torturous!! But I . LOVE. IT!( Strange-strange! )

      Yes, Torturous. Like, waiting helplessly  for that "something" to happen ?  I keep telling myself that I can handle this..I can handle this.... then .... the moment of truth! All I could utter are these words, 'This. Is. Bad... This is just... just .. just...not happening!!
 
   

    The feels! The feels! There's no stopping now! It was a roller coaster ride of emotions.  I have no choice but to hold unto my dear heart and hope that I can go through this up to the last page.

    The string of events were perfectly placed and presented.  That ending? I could not ask for more.
     I  sighed , cried, smiled... such a beautiful, amazing story !  Sending my full applause to the wonderful Ms. Penelope Ward!


 
                      My Rating:

      5 LA-LA-LA-LOOOOVE STARS!!!!

 

 












No comments:

Post a Comment