Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Review: Losing it by Cora Carmack

Losing It (Losing It, #1)

From Goodreads:


Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

                           My Thoughts:

    First, let me  pull  this out my chest before I start to burst! ..   I  love , love EVERYTHING  about your book Ms. Cora Carmack!!!  To start, just  few pages... I was totally hooked and ridiculously entertained! My lips ..mouth became so stiff  from smiling and I developed a hard muscle on my stomach ( like from flexing?!)  from constant bouts of giggles and laughter! Boy! I don't  need to work out to get a flat stomach.. I'll just read your book!


   Who caused all of these?? No other than my right-this-moment fave character,  Bliss!  Yes, Bliss the analytical...judgmental...control freak...sweet ...and a 22 year old virgin?!   "Pure" Bliss wants ( but she doesn't want?! )  to throw that  "V" card away! I know.. I know... she is the conundrum of all conundrums! So, to stop her bestfriend Kelsey  from pestering her about it. Bliss finally decided to lose it. And what better way to do it.... is as simple as finding a warm bodied male who can take sweet Bliss to fantasy land! If only it's that SIMPLE!

     Just when she is about to give up hooking up ... A guy with a Shakespeare book in his hand.. reading in a bar?!  Caught  her attention! Who wouldn't be? When this guy had the most adorable baby blue eyes....and take note, when he spoke...  "What's your name, love? " in his  sexiest British accent ?!  I can truly understand if Bliss hyperventilate  or something  similar to breathless!  Me? If Garrick calls me , LOVE??  I'll flail.. then faint! Haha!

“He looked up from his reading, and suddenly I found it hard to swallow. He was easily the most attractive guy I’d seen tonight—blond hair falling into crystal blue eyes, just enough scruff on his jaw to give him a masculine look without making him too hairy, and a face that could have made angels sing. It wasn’t making me sing. It was making me gawk. Why did I stop? Why did I always have to make an idiot of myself?”

“The timbre of his voice went into that low register that made my insides curl in on themselves—it was like my uterus was tapping out a happy dance on the rest of my organs. God, I was dying the longest, most tortuous, and arousing death in the history of the world. Was this what it always felt like to be turned on? No wonder sex made people do crazy things.”

    See?! That's Garrick Taylor!  Sexy. Gorgeous. And I'll say this again .. The British accent?! RAWR! And he reads too!! I am dying here!!!  And that's  how I imagine him to be! 




    Now I clearly established that Garrick is the hoot-test (in british accent! -- I tried! Haha!)  Well, it was intense attraction at first sight for the two of them. I really enjoyed every minute of the flirtation going on! So then, its hook up time! And Garrick is definitely  Laid-worthy?! So when Bliss and Garrick is about to do the deed..almost naked.. with the perfect timing.. and at the right place , her room?! Bliss  , with her hyper-overdrive thoughts ... freak out and run away like a scared cat! It was so awkward and funny! Just image  her running barefoot  with a skirt and just a bra?! It was #EmbarrassingMoment  OMG! and she hid?! yes like a scared cat and wait for Garrick to come out from her apartment. And the insect bites she had to endure!  I love even the tiniest detail , Ms Carmack wrote! 

    So, you think that's the awkwardest?! Think again! The next day,Bliss received the shock of her life! ... Garrick just happened  to be her professor?! The one she'd seen butt-naked and vice-versa?!  Nooooo freaking way!! When their eyes met... It was AWKWARD... and for Bliss? It was a KILLMENOW...KILL ME NOW moment! And for me? It was Laugh out loud moment!  I love , love Bliss!!! The way she handles it... when she starts to speak her thoughts out loud.. It was again, so so funny!!


     But their desire and attraction starts to rile up! And teacher-student relationship? So forbidden!! Not if they can keep it a secret? Will they go to that extent? Can Bliss allow herself go to something she can't control?  Is she really ready to "lose it" to Garrick? 

      And then another guy came into the picture.. Bliss' close friend Cade,  who sees her outside friendzone. Cade is sweet, kind... and a safe choice for Bliss. But.. there's always  a BUT... that BUT happens to be Garrick. Poor.. Poor Cade..it broke my heart to see him like a lost puppy. I really wanted him to have his HEA. Sigh.


     The rest of the book.. or most of the book were the swoony and super funny encounters between Garrick and Bliss... which I immensely enjoyed!  And Garrick's slow and torturous kisses made me feel giddy big time! What's with this Brit-kisses?! Do great kisses have to have an accent too? Haha.   It was one of my fave kisses now!  

     I love love the ending! What can I say? Like Bliss, I was jumping... and doing this  AWKWARD crazy dance with glee! And if you want to know why and how? ... I suggest you read this book ASAP! 


                  My Playlist:

 "Say it again" by Marie Digby http://youtu.be/iRzh_9UhpQQ





"Shakespeare In Love" by Layla Kaylif  http://youtu.be/HeOT4mVLVxw






                      I'm giving this book:
               4  SWEETEST AWKWARD STARS!






    


    



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment