Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Review : The Edge of Always by J. A. Redmerski

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)

From Goodreads:

Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn’t the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can’t wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn’t understand how this could happen to them. He’s trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won’t do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…

               My Thoughts:

     I was over the moon ecstatic when I got hold of this book! Yes, I feel like it's been ages since I read book one, "The Edge of Never" which I truly, truly, truly loved! ( Yes! that's a lot of "truly" and exactly how I felt! ) Andrew Parrish is on the top list of my uhmmm, unbelievably loooooong list of book boyfriends! Oooh, don't look at me like that??? I know what you're thinking?!  I'm sure you got a handful too? Just check out mine  and your Goodreads list! Haha.


      I'll try my very BEST to make my review SPOILER FREE as much as I could. So, I'll try to write based on how I feel. But just a word of caution: there would be extreme fangirling ahead! Oh yeah. This is me before I read the book :
 
    Yes! Dancing  like  I had too much coffee or had a bit much of sugary sweets?! Oh, and that's only the onset of my fangirling. Just wait till you see me do it, fangirling at it's  finest! Haha.

       I was more glad to see Andrew again! Of course, he made me  look and feel insane from the previous book, yes! I smiled and cried at the same time?! Oh and the crying? It was the ugliest cry ever!

Okaaaaaaay.... Now, get hold of your self , Billie!  Because this is supposed to be a book review not an Andrew Parrish Fangirl-fest?!  Haha. So, here's the "proper" review:


      “Because it was fate that we met on that bus in Kansas, and because we both know what we want out of life. We may not have the details mapped out—and we don’t need to—but we both know which direction we don’t want to go.”
   
       In the same magical and swoony moments I had with " The Edge of Never" , I was over the moon excited when I finally have this book on my hands. I know my expectations are too high, but I'm nervous about it because it's from J.A. Redmerski! 

      I always loved Andrew-Camryn chemistry. For me, their the perfect example and reason to believe that Soul mates.. True love exist. I envy Camryn for having Andrew! And Andrew? Oh, Andrew.. You are just perfect! I had a hard time making this review because... clearly, my words are limited and could'nt justify my immense love for Andrew Parrish.  As of this moment, he certainly is  my ULTIMATE BOOK BOYFRIEND!  So, move aside , Camryn? The boy is mine! Haha.

     First part of the book is a bit slow.. Or maybe, I'm quite a teeny weeny bit irritated with Camryn's neediness. I counted the few times I rolled my eyes ...15 times?! That's few? Or too many? Hehe. Yes, she can be insecure and I sense very restless like she is not sure if she was doing the right thing or what. I was like, " Come on Camryn you got Andrew? You are about to start a new life with the man you loved?! Why not be contented?! " then I rolled my eyes again! See?!

     So, it's a dilemma of "to settle or to wander"? Knowing Camryn, I'd say she'll choose "to wander". She tried to hide it  but this pent up feeling...this emptiness did not go unnoticed to my Andrew! (Yes, ladies, he is mine! Haha! ) Oh, Andrew! He would do anything...even move heaven and earth just for Camryn! *major Swoon!* What does Camryn need? Or more like, what they both need? A road trip. 



      Oh, I can't help but smile . I remembered those moments ..wonderful moments they had on the first book where they travel ...they met.. fell in love! Gosh, those were the times I want to relive. Swoon! Swoon! Swoon! 

      I loved Andrew more for doing this for Camryn! When they revisited all those places  that meant so much to them... and the things  that Andrew did?! The night under stars? Uber romantic! I should not be surprised since ..if yoiu get an "Andrew ala carte treatment" , that's definitely mind blowing good! 

      That road trip made them more closer , their bond stronger  as it was not really a smooth ride. Along the way , they have their moments of weakness. It was there when their relationship was put into test.  I  admire how  strong they face all of that. 

“Andrew, maybe we shouldn't be together,” and her words hit me so fast and so hard that I feel like the air has been sucked out of my lungs.”

“Finally, when she doesn't elaborate, I manage to get out, “Why would you say that?” And I’m scared of her answer.”

“Because everybody that I love tends to leave me, or die.”

“But I’m here, Camryn. I’ll always be here.” I take her hands into mine. “I don’t care what you do, or what happens between us. I’ll never leave you. I’ll always be with you.” I wrench her hands.”

“Remember when I said you were the world to me? You asked me to remind you if you ever forgot. Well, I’m reminding you now.”

      Oooooh.... If that's not swoony enough then what?! Ms. Redmerski clearly knows how to write picture perfect words! Love, loved this moment! 
.
     Well, and speaking of swoons, this book  got a lot of it! Brace yourself, because when Ms. Redmerski starts pouring out swoons ...it overflows!  Let me share to you my favorite excerpt: 

“Camryn, you are the other half of my soul, and I will love you today and every day for the rest of our lives. I promise that if you ever forget me, I’ll read to you like Noah read to Allie."

“I promise to haunt you like Sam haunted Molly.”

“I promise that we’ll never wake up one day years from now wondering why we wasted our lives away by doing nothing, and that no matter what hardships befall us, I’ll always, always, be right here with you”

“Because you’re the other half of me that I know I can never live without.”


       I want Andrew Parrish , really really bad!!  Where can I find a guy like that? Probably not in my reality? Sigh. It's a bummer that he is just my FICTIONAL BOYFRIEND?! ( I keep on telling myself that and until now I can't accept! Haha.)  Oh, maybe I'll force my future husband to say that exact vow on our wedding day?!  Tee-hee! Think it's a good idea?! 

      The ending was wonderful! It was the closure that I've been looking forward to. Well done Ms. Redmerski! 

      Oh, I promised that this is supposed to be a Spoiler free review?! Oh gee! I'm sorry, I slipped. I hope I did not give away too much? But again, if you are a J.A. Redmerski follower, this won't stop you!  And I bet you are already on your way to grab your copy!  So go! Buy. Read this book. Totally worth it! 


I think this song is perfect for  Andrew & Camryn:
 "How Long Will I Love You" by Ellie Goulding

I'm giving this book :
4 sweetest, swooniest stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment